Nasir ol Molk Mosque
The Nasir-ol-Molk Mosque, also known as the Pink Mosque, is a traditional mosque in Shiraz, Iran. It is located in the district of Gowad-e-Arabān, near Shāh Chérāgh Mosque.
The mosque includes extensive colored glass in its facade and displays other traditional elements such as the Panj Kāse (“five concaved”) design. It is named in popular culture as the Pink Mosque, due to the usage of considerable pink color tiles for its interior design.
The mosque was built during the Qajar era and is still in use under protection by Endowment Foundation of Nasir ol Molk. It was built from 1876 to 1888, by the order of Mirzā Hasan Ali (Nasir ol Molk), a Qajar ruler. The designers were Mohammad Hasan-e-Memār, an Iranian architect, and Mohammad Rezā Kāshi-Sāz-e-Širāzi.
Restoration, protection, and maintenance of this monument are being continued by the Endowment Foundation of Nasir ol Molk.